How To Manufacture Dog Food From Twin Screw Extruder Machine?
Commercial pellet dog food is the most commonly used pet food for pet lovers, but how is it produced of Dog food puffing process? Is it safe for dogs to eat? This is a concern for most pet lovers.
The dog food making machine processing of dog food refers to the use of various methods to form a variety of raw materials or a single raw material to meet the nutritional needs of dogs, attainability and digestion and absorption, to maximize its potential nutritional value and The process of using value. As one of the pet food categories, dog food has a wide range of dog treat machine processing, including pet snack foods, snacks, tooth cleaning sticks, bones, nutrients (powder), dry food, wet food, canned food, etc. In order to maximize the nutritional functionality, manufacturers of dog food machine will process different raw materials in different forms. It mainly introduces puffed dog food.
First, we must first understand what puffing is.
Puffing is a method of food processing. It puts the processed food into a closed container, and after heating and pressurizing, the pressure is suddenly reduced. The water in the food vaporizes and expands, causing many small holes in the dog food, which becomes crisp and becomes puffed dog food. The basic principle is to use the screw and screw barrel in the extrusion to heat up and pressurize the raw materials, and press the high-temperature and high-pressure food out of the die hole to achieve rapid volume expansion due to sudden decompression.
The twin screw extruder process, is also a process of forming dog food raw materials. During the molding process, water is added in the form of steam to routinize the dog food raw material starch, and the temperature is raised to 100°--180°, because the pressure before extrusion is very large, the pressure is released immediately during intruder, and the moment when the water flushes out the particles, As a result, the dog food rapidly expands and foams, and the water evaporates. Therefore, the dog food manufactured through the puffing process generally has high nutritional value that is easy to digest and absorb.
Secondly, what is the use of puffing.
1. Improve the attainability of dog food. The puffed dog food becomes crispy, and the dog has a better taste, which is also conducive to cleaning the teeth of the dog.
2. Change and improve the nutritional value of dog food. Many nutrients need to be matured and puffed before they can become nutritious.
3. Improve the digestion and absorption rate of dog food for dogs. The puffed dog food is more comprehensive and perfect for pet dogs to absorb.
4. Through the puffing process and granulation, the shape and structure of the dog food are changed, so that the dog can easily eat the dog food and eat more.
5. Can change the content of different nutrition indicators of dog food.
6. Change the density of dog food.
7. The puffing process is also a process of high temperature and high pressure, which can kill all kinds of mold and other harmful substances, and improve the safety and hygiene of dog food.
The last is the processing classification of puffed dog food products.
The processing of puffed dog food products is basically divided into three categories: physical method, chemical method and microbiological method. The physical method mainly refers to squeezing, heating, crushing, and sticking the raw materials; the chemical method is denaturing starch, protein degradation, etc.; the microbial law is to ferment the raw materials. The earliest application of the puffing process to dog food production was in 1957. It was used by Americans for the first time. The purpose was to improve the digestibility of food for dogs. Compared with traditional animal food, the biggest difference is that the extrusion-expansion process breaks through the inherent general flat die or ring die extrusion process, and as a special pet food dog food manufacturing method, it is designed into dog food manufacturing. In the process, the dog food is formed into a pet food that can promote better absorption of pet dogs, more scientific nutrition, and correspondingly higher attainability.
However, a complete dog food production process not only includes puffing, but also includes several major links such as raw material receiving, initial cleaning, crushing, weighing, mixing, machine pressing, spraying, weighing and packaging of finished products.